General Terms and Conditions
By booking with The Sands Waiheke you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. The revised terms will take effect from when they are posted.
Monday to Saturday – 8.30am to 6.00pm
Sunday – 8.30am to 1.00pm
Check in between 2.30pm and 6.00pm (outside of these times please contact us to make an alternative arrangement). Late check-in with out prior notice will incur charges. Should you arrive early or wish to leave later, we are happy to store your luggage for you whilst you enjoy a stroll along the beach or a meal at one of the local restaurants.
Check out time
Guests must check out by 10.30am (unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance of your stay)
For all stays one nights tariff is taken for each apartment booked
• Cancellation Policy
• We adhere to a strict cancellation policy.
• If your reservation is cancelled fewer than 30 days prior to booking date the original deposit is forfeited.
- Single night stays are accepted subject to managers discretion and are always subject to a surcharge of $65
• Should we receive less than 14 days’ notice of cancellation we will charge for the total accommodation amount. This includes a request for a reduction of nights booked. We will endeavor to re-book the apartment and will refund the amount processed if we are successful.
• For groups (4 rooms or more) a charge of one night’s accommodation per apartment booked will be incurred if the reservation is cancelled fewer than sixty days prior to arrival. All group reservations cancelled fewer than 30 days prior to arrival will incur charges for the total accommodation amount.
We strongly advise guests to take out travel insurance to protect themselves against unexpected changes to their travel plans.
Group Booking and Wedding Party Security Bonds
• A security bond may apply and special terms and conditions could be negotiated at time of booking.
1. Guest accommodation is for short-term residential purposes only. The premises are let to accommodate only the number of people specified in the booking, for the period specified in the booking. Any breaches could see at the sole discretion of The Manager additional charges applied.
2. Parties are strictly prohibited, as is a large gathering of people in any apartment or within the complex in general.
3. Care of the premises, and the peace and comfort of surrounding residents must be respected at all times. The property manager will investigate reports of, or suspicion of property damage and/or antisocial behavior. We are obliged to manage within Auckland City Council Noise Control bylaws and such behavior may result in noise control and or security being called out and a charge of $150 will be applied per visit. Failure to abide by Noise Control requests could see more serious steps being taken.
4. With regard to telephone, postal, or email bookings. We will always, attempt to accurately describe a property and its facilities. Experience shows that some confusion/misinterpretation is always possible. Therefore no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions contained in any communications, website, or holiday brochure.
5. We cannot be held responsible for the decisions of the owners of premises (i.e. sale of the property, alterations/repairs, withdrawal of the premises from the letting pool, or other act) which may affect this booking. In the event of a property becoming unavailable; every effort will be made to find alternative accommodation. Where the property owner cancels a booking, all deposits will be refunded.
6. Acceptance of deposits by The Sands Waiheke shall not impose any obligation on the part of The Sands Waiheke to provide any product or service or guarantee of any price quoted or published.
7. Payment of a deposit and/or receipt of key(s) or door codes are deemed to be your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
8. To confirm your reservation you must pay the deposit at the time of booking.
9. The full tariff must be paid at or prior to check-in
10. If you are arriving outside normal business hours you must make prior arrangements with The Managers to be able to gain access to your apartment and for payment of any outstanding tariffs.
11. The premises are available from 2.30pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated no later than 10.30am on the day of departure. Failure to depart by 10.30am without prior arrangement will incur additional charges of $50 per hour.
12. The premises will be cleaned and the linen changed midway through your stay where the booking is for 10 days and more. For longer stays cleaning and linen charges will occur weekly. Additional cleans, linen, towels, face towels etc. can be arranged by the property manager and charges may be applied. On your day of departure the premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all rubbish removed, and all dishes washed, or additional cleaning charges may be incurred.
13. Guests are responsible for any loss or damage to fitting, fixtures and any items in the premises, including keys and remote controls, WHETHER ACCIDENTAL OR OTHERWISE. Guests will be charged for the repair or replacement of any such loss or damage at the absolute discretion of the property manager. All damage and/or losses are to be reported immediately. Acceptance of the keys and giving us credit card details is approval by you to us to charge you for any damage or loss reported, or discovered after checkout.
14. Guests shall only park cars in allocated car park space. There is only one car park per apartment allocated on our premises. Undesignated vehicles can be towed away.
15 The Sands Waiheke accepts no responsibility for guest’s personal effects left on the property. The guest is responsible for maintaining the security of the property throughout, and immediately after their stay. Any loss of items from or damage to the property resulting from the windows and or doors being left unlocked may be recovered from the guest by whatever means available to the property manager and or property owner.
16. Pets are NOT ALLOWED in or on the premises.
17. For Health and Safety reasons guests are encouraged not to lay or sit on the window ledges.
18. Guests and visitors to the property are not to smoke inside the premises or on balcony or deck areas. Those smoking outside must properly dispose of all butts and other related material. Any additional cleaning costs associated with smoking will be recovered from the guest. Cooking of any spicy foods is strictly prohibited in any Apartment. Anyone that abuses this policy will incur a charge for the appropriate loss of income, and additional cleaning costs.
19. All key codes must be returned to our office on departure.
20. If the property manager believes that these Terms and Conditions have been breached, we may inspect the property at any time during your stay upon demand and without notice. An after-hours callout fee of up to $150 will be charged for any situation requiring the attendance of the property manager outside of business hours. Any breaches of these Terms and Conditions or failure to comply with the property managers directions will render the guests liable for extra charges.
21. Guests are responsible for the proper loading and use of lift equipment. Overloading of lifts may result in damage to equipment and may require expensive maintenance callouts. Any costs deemed to be associated with guests improper use of a lift will be recovered from the guest by whatever means available.
22. Tariffs are current as per the website, and are subject to change without notice. Tariffs quoted and accepted and confirmed prior to any change will be honoured.
23. Where building or other work of which we were not aware does adversely affect your stay we will attempt to minimize its effect, but cannot be held responsible for any disturbance or inconvenience caused.
24. As with all holiday letting unexpected situations can cause inconvenience (i.e. electrical and appliance malfunctions, storms, excessive rain, flooding and basic wear and tear). All reported cases effecting the enjoyment of the property will be dealt with in a diligent and professional manner by the property manager.